We saw a gap, a problem. When men got out of jail or rehab, we saw too many of them get disconnected with God and the right people, and they ended up back where they started, back in jail or rehab. There were not enough good transitional places, especially that were Christ Centered. So God birthed in our Heart Recover Victory Home. A home for men in need of recovery from drugs, alcohol or other addictions. We have a beautiful home on 15th and Hamilton. If you would like to give, please click here. Contact Ps. Matthew for more info at 610-504-9353. Check out the flyer by clicking here. Check out our level system by clicking here. If you would like to look at the application form please click here.
9 - 12 month Program
LEVEL ONE INTAKE LEVEL (4 fully completed weeks)
Purpose: To develop a meaningful relationship with God, and the Residential Community. To develop the basic skills necessary for a genuine recovery experience. To develop a Christ centered perspective. _______
Restrictions: Level One Residents cannot leave the premises without a Level 2 or 3 Resident, unless approved by the House Manager. This means ANY trips into the community with the exception of: Therapy Appointments, Doctor's Appointments, and Job Searches. These appointments and more will be monitored through life 360 app. Level One Residents can have visits in approved areas on the premises only on the weekends. NO WEEKDAY VISITS unless approved by House Manager. No Home Passes except for Emergencies. 10 PM Curfew on weeknights, 11pm on weekends if accompanied by a Level 2 or 3 for 12 step meetings only, otherwise 10 pm. ______
How to Progress: This Level is considered a probationary level. To progress to level 2 and receive extended privileges of the structured community residence, guests at this level are expected to:
- Follow all policy and procedures outlined on the policy and procedures manual received at intake, along with paying on time weekly, paying weekly is part of completing each week. _____
- Attend at least 3 approved Bible Studies/Church Services/ Prayer meetings a week. For the first 30 days we require the guest to attend Allentown Victory Church Sunday services. Attend 12 Step Meetings at least 4 times a week with 12 Step Sponsor, "Buddy", or a Level 2, or Level 3 Guest. Outpatient groups and Individual Therapy sessions count toward Daily Meeting Attendance. Any in-house Christian or therapeutic meetings also count toward the meeting requirement. _______
- If not yet employed, Residents on Level One, must go on daily job search with a Level 2 Guest. If a Level 2 Guest is not available, you may go to a specific interview and will be monitored for time off-premises. You will be allowed to go directly to the interview and return to the house immediately after the interview. No detours unless approved in advance by the House Manager. The timed clause will also be used for Therapy and Doctor Appointments. ______
- All residents must obtain a Certified Recovery Specialist (a.k.a. C.R.S,) and meet with one weekly for 1 hour. We will have one that we recommend and can come to our home. All residents must obtain a Sponsor (or even a temporary one) within the first 4 weeks to help with understanding of the 12-Step Programs. Sponsors can be a member of a 12-Step Program or a Level 3 guest only. One can not pass to level 2 without a Sponsor ____
- All residents must meet with House Manager or "Resident Buddy" weekly to complete and review Goals and Complete Weekly Resident Review Sheet. _____
- All residents are to complete an average of 1 hour of community service each week. If no job, at least 2 hours a week expected. Community work must be signed off by either a Pastor, or person in which work is done for, random checks will be done with these, therefore a name, and phone number of the director is required. ____
- All residents will be subject to random Drug tests, room checks, laundry schedule, chores around the home, and keeping a clean and organized shared and private space. _____
- Wake up, devotions and loitering expectations - All residents must be awake, dressed for the day, and chores completed by 8:50 AM. You must be at devotions at 9 AM on weekdays to start your day, or other devotional plan approved by Pastor or house manager. Wake-up times for all employed residents is 10 am on weekends. No extended loitering in your rooms from 9 AM till 9 PM unless you are employed and need more rest. You may rest on free time within reason. You must remain in the common areas throughout the day unless you are sick and notify the House Manager. No isolating, use your peers to help you develop healthy coping skills. _____
Review process: After 4 fully completed weeks of meeting all the requirement, the guest will meet with House Manager to review progress and present their level 1 assignment, during the weekly in-house meeting, to advance to Level 2. If all requirements for advancement to Level 2 are not met, a "Provisional Level One Agreement" will be put into place and reviewed weekly until Resident meets the requirements to advance to Level Two. _____
LEVEL 2 JUNIOR RESIDENT STATUS ( 4 Complete weeks)
Purpose: To demonstrate Recovery-Oriented Lifestyle Skills developed in the first 30 days to become independent in the Structured Community and the Community At Large and demonstrate the ability to abide by the Residential Curfew independently.
Restrictions: Due to the fact that a Structured Residence is needed, we recommend that you still travel in the Community with another Guest. Only exceptions are 12-Step meetings and Therapy Appointments (as outlined on the rules and procedures form). Curfew is 11pm on weekdays and weeknights.
Privileges: Level 2 residents have the privilege of having visits on weekdays after 5 PM. Level Two Residents can escort Community Residents into the Community at Large and to all Meetings.
How to Progress: Level 2 demonstrates the need for less supervision and gives more privileges and independence that level 1. To Achieve level 3 and receive extended privileges of the structured residence, guests at level 2 are expected to:
- Continue to abide by all policy and procedures along with paying on time weekly.
- Must have employment (unless alternatives have been discussed with the Director.)
- Demonstrate development of a Recovery-Oriented Lifestyle by attending a minimum of 3 Christian Bible Studies, Church Services, or Prayer meetings and at least 3, 12-Step recovery meetings per week. House Meetings and Outpatient Services count toward this requirement.
- Must develop goals for achieving a healthy, meaningful, and Recovery-Oriented lifestyle, along with continued weekly meetings with CRS, and communication with sponsor.
- Must be a "House Buddy" and demonstrate a Recovery-Oriented Lifestyle.
- Must meet with the House Manager, or a Level 3 Guest weekly for reviews.
- Resident Review Sheet and complete a Step 2 Assignment.
- All residents are to continue completing an average of 1 hour of community service each week.
- All residents will continue to be subject to random Drug tests, room checks, laundry schedule, chores around the home, and keeping a clean and organized shared and private space.
- Wake up, devotions and loitering expectations - All residents must be awake, dressed for the day, and chores completed by 8:50 AM. You must be at devotions at 9 AM on weekdays to start your day. Weekend Devotions are optional. Wake-up times for all employed residents is 10 am on weekends. No extended loitering in your rooms from 9 AM till 9 PM unless you are employed and need more rest. You may rest on free time within reason. You must remain in the common areas throughout the day unless you are sick and notify the House Manager. No isolating, use your peers to help you develop healthy coping skills.
Review Process: After 4 completed weeks, Guests will present their level 2 assignment to the community during the weekly in-house meeting. Guest will then meet with House Manager to review progress and advance to Level 3 after reasonable time and if all requirements for Level 2 are met. If all requirements for advancement to Level 3 are not met, a "Provisional Level Two Agreement' will be put into place and reviewed weekly until the guests meets the requirements to advance to Level 3.
LEVEL THREE SENIOR STATUS (7 months)
Purpose: To demonstrate Independent Living Skills developed during Level 1 and 2 within the residential community and the community at large. Demonstrate solid leadership skills in the residential community.
Restrictions: CONGRATULATIONS!! Although you still have work to do, Guests on this level have achieved the right to have no supervision in the community at large. You are still expected to follow all rules and procedures of the residence. You will continue to develop the Coping, Living, Educational, and Vocational Skills necessary to return to Independent Living. We still expect a curfew of 12 am to be respectful to the rest in the community.
PRIVILEGES: You can apply to become an assistiant house manager as positions open up, and from there possibly a house manager. Guests must submit a resume and interview as they would for any job opportunity. Overnight Passes at this level are restricted to every other weekend (not every weekend) as approved by the House Manager. These passes will be one night only. You must be present for house meetings and all level 3 requirements must still be fulfilled. Ex #1. You can leave Friday morning at 8AM you must be back by curfew Sat night. Ex. #2 You can leave Sat morning by 8am but must be back for house meeting on Sunday, and remember all level 3 requirements still need to get done to avoid demerits. No exceptions, except for an emergency. Level 3 guests can also have a laptop on the premises, and with permission from House Manager and Oversight, he may be able to have it in the room. Recover Victory Home WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGE OR THEFT. (As outlined in the Residential Room Agreement).
How to Progress: To achieve the goal of a successful return to independent living you must:
- Continue to abide by all policy and procedures along with paying on time weekly
- Continue to demonstrate the skills acquired to
live a healthy, meaningful, Recovery- Oriented lifestyle.
a minimum of 3 Christian Bible Studies, Church Services, or Prayer meetings and
at least 2 12-Step recovery meetings per week.
- Must be actively developing and working toward
achieving YOUR LONG TERM GOALS . Goals are to maximize your chances of a
successful long term recovery.
be actively working on 12 step work with your sponsor along with continued
weekly meetings with CRS.
- All residents are to continue
completing an average of 1 hour of community service each week.
- All residents will continue to be
subject to random Drug tests, room checks, laundry schedule, chores around the
home, and keeping a clean and organized shared and private space.
- Wake up, devotions
and loitering expectations – Same expectations as level 1 and 2.
Review: Guests will review his progress with the Community and House Manager on a weekly basis by way of the weekly guests review sheet. Before returning to Independent Living, level 3 guest will present and share their life Story with the Community during the weekly in-house meeting.
INDEPENDENT LIVING IS WITHIN REACH - BUT YOU MUST REACH FOR IT!
“Have a greater standard in you then what is placed on you.” – Ps. Matthew Catricola