What should I expect?
- We understand that your first time here, or anywhere, brings up some questions - especially if its been a long a time since you've been to church: What should I wear? What can my kids do? What should I expect when I walk in the door? Do I need a Bible? What do these people believe, anyway? There's already enough you have to think about when you're a guest for the first time - even simple questions can feel overwhelming. We hope that getting some of this stuff' out of the way not only encourages you to join us, but also helps you to connect with the hope and encouragement that God has for you. We want you to be able to experience the inspiring messages, loving people and enjoyable atmosphere that are a part of Allentown Victory. So if this is your first visit welcome! Come on in, sit down, relax, and just be you.
Do I need a Bible?
- If you have one, bring it. Our pastor often shares insightful notes that you might just want to jot down in it. Otherwise, no worries, the scripture is usually read out loud and you can listen. Also if you do not have a Bible we have Bibles here for you.... if you don't know where a scripture is, it's ok, you will find blue Bibles under the seats in front of you, Matthew will be reading from the same Bible and will tell you what page to go to instead of what scripture to turn to.
What should I wear?
- We're more concerned with meeting your real life needs than with what you wear. Be comfortable with who you are. We have people who come in jeans and a tee, some who come in slacks and a dress shirt and almost everything in between. So, dress how you're comfortable and you'll fit right in.
How long are the Meetings?
- Good question, glad you asked. The Porch meeting (Sunday Mornings) are only between 1 hour and 15 to 1 hour and 25 minutes. Not looking for a knock 'em, sock 'em, drag-you-on morning.
What can my kids do?
- Nursery and toddlers (0- Still in diapers) will be upstairs in the room located to right when walking in to the sanctuary.
- Children's Church and preschool are held at Rated K for Kids which is across the courtyard at merchant square, there classes begin at 10:30 am.
- Adriana Otto oversees' our kids department, she is one of our lead teachers with experience in nursery and Children's Church. All rooms will have seasoned people to watch over our kids. Our kids are very important to us!
- At the Altar (Friday Nights) we currently have nursery available , older children up to age 12 are welcome to be in the nursery, to either help or participate in games or watching videos such as Veggie Tales.
Do I need to give money
- The answer is no. You are not required to give anything as a visitor. We do have an offering basket out and if you want to give please do, but there are no high pressure sales here to get you to give, not even close. We do want to say that we strongly believe in giving as a whole. As they say, the Gospel is free but the pipeline is expensive, and this is very true.
Can I get involved?
- Sure. We are always looking for a way to help people fulfill their gifts and callings, and there are many ways people can help. We like to say you can F.I.T. in real easily, it just takes F- aithfully I-nvesting your T-alents. and your talents are your time and/or your ability in any number of areas. We are currently looking for those who can F.I.T. in music, nursery and kids ministry, host homes and leaders, ushers and greeters, hospitality, and in a variety of other areas. Please let Ps. Matthew know your interest and you will see him smile and help you find where you can F.I.T.